Las Vegas Festivals Guide: Part 2
Las Vegas has many, many festivals. If you’re looking for festivals held earlier in the year, check out Part 1.
- RollerCon – Are you on a derby team? Have insurance? Then you’re welcome at RollerCon. This event includes bouts, a ball, a liquid lunch and skatepark tours. If you’re a fan but have no desire to strap on skates, you can a purchase a pass for non-skaters and watch some scrimmages.
- Def Con – Hackers unite in Vegas for one of the most established conferences out there. There are speeches, scavenger hunts, spot the Fed contests, and movie marathons.
- Las Vegas Harvest Festival Original Arts and Crafts Show - The name pretty much sums up this three-day indoor craft show. Shop for handcrafted items, grab a bite to eat or let your children get creative with crafts in the Kidzone.
- The Las Vegas Bellydancing Intensive and Festival – September brings four days of bellydancing to Vegas: from a dance festival, to classes,and shows.
- Greek Food Festival – Expect food, music, and dancing at this festival, which is sponsored by the St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church.
- Black & White Party – Dress in black and white – the crazier the better – for this AIDS fundraiser.
- Annual Motorhead Festival – Drive twenty-five miles outside of Las Vegas to Boulder City for live music, hot-rods, classic cars, trucks, bikes, race cars and even boats.
- Mr. Olympia and Fitness Olympia Competitions - This fitness and sports contest involves a series of individual events, focusing on basketball, baseball, football and MMA to determine who will win the title of Men’s Fitness Ultimate Athlete.
- Las Vegas Bikefest – This motorcycle festival features poker runs, a custom bike show, live music, and wild times
- Professional Bull Riders Championships – The world finals for this event take place at the Thomas and Mack Center.
- Fetish and Fantasy Halloween Ball – Halloween is known to push a few boundaries. Combine that with Las Vegas’ reputation for debauchery and you’ve got a night so risqué that the dress code mandates lingerie, leather, feathers, latex, uniforms etc. The party is divided into rooms with names such as Sinferno, and Travel Channel has called the Fetish and Fantasy Ball ‘One of the Top Ten Events in the World.’ Check it out, if you dare…
- Age of Chivalry Renaissance Festival – Attractions at Las Vegas’ Ren Fair include jousting, reenactments, traditional artisans (from weapons creators to perfume blenders), and a royal parade.
- The Las Vegas Balloon Festival – This three-day balloon extravaganza includes a morning launch, carnival rides, live entertainment, and food. There is also a demo by the Metro Search and Rescue.
- Motor Trend International Auto Show - Car buffs can get an inside look at the latest auto prototypes and models at this show, which is held at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Vegas Valley Book Festival – Meet authors, hear speakers, catch some readings or line up for a book signing at this celebration of literature, which draws in 10,000 people annually. Aspiring writers can also sign up for workshops and panels.
- Las Vegas Marathon – The course for this marathon and half marathon is lined with bands and cheerleading squads. It takes participants past renowned tourist attractions and acts as a qualifier for the Boston Marathon.
- Annual Native American Arts and International Film Festival – A collection of shorts and feature-length movies are screened during this four-day festival.
- NAGSA Conference – Funds raised by this golf tournament go toward NAGSA (Native American Grant School Association) for their student scholarship program.
- Annual OutMusic Awards – Celebrate gay musicians with live performances across the musical genres at this awards show.
- National Finals Rodeo – The ‘Superbowl of Rodeos’ involves events ranging from bull riding, calf roping and bareback riding to barrel racing. Get your tickets early as this televised event attracts 140,000 spectators every year.
- American Country Awards – Check out this night of country music, showcasing country icons and up and comers alike.
- Miss Universe Pageant - Contestants from around the world head to Vegas for the Miss Universe Pageant, co-owned by Donald Trump. Members of the public can get tickets for the preliminary competition, the dress rehearsal, or the final.